Create Table and Modifier initial page

Erlan Carreira Posted in Component Development 5 years ago

Hello, i need of add one table with name pet and attributes in ossn and change page initial, what way correct could do?

Replies
Breton Erlan Carreira Replied 5 years ago

Hello, I already made my component, but I'm not sure how to change the homepage, I looked in the documentation. I can only create pages with the user logged in. I use
ossnregisterpage

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

Yes, every Ossn update will overwrite the /system directory.
And yes, you can realize your changes and ideas by developing your own component.
Study the already available components and you'll find that none of them is creating/removing tables because the Ossn database layout is flexible enough to store custom attributes by simply creating new relations.

Breton Erlan Carreira Replied 5 years ago

Hello, thanks for reply. I am php developer, my question is whether I can add tables to the ossn database and can I change the homepage? I need to remove some fields and add others, can I do this using components? I saw that the files are in / system and I believe if when I update I will lose my changes

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago
  1. Re creating database tables
    please understand that this forum wasn't meant to teach basic database or PHP programming. Simply search the web for 'php and mysql' and you'll get a lot of helpful information
  2. Re developing a different Ossn initial page please read
    https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1063/how-to-develop-a-new-theme