How to access OSSN outside of network

Branch Gordon Posted in Technical Support 2 years ago

I have installed OSSN on a virtual Ubuntu Mate 22.04 machine on my TrueNAS server. Everything works inside my network. I've created accounts and everyone in the house is using it with the LAN IP address.

However, I can't get to the server from outside my network using my WAN IP. I'm not sure how to accomplish this. Do I need to open up some ports on my firewall? Or do I specify any ports in the address bar? Anyone have some ideas that could point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

Replies
gb Rishi B Replied 2 years ago

You need to either forward port 80 of your WAN IP to port 80 of the local IP of the machine hosting your OSSN installation (will be something like 192.168.x.x) from your router settings, or use a reverse proxy like ngrok or packetriot to allow HTTP (port 80) on your ossn machine to be accessed outside of your LAN. Right now, your router/firewall is blocking the requests from outside. You could also set the ossn machine as the DMZ host, but that will expose the entire machine to the outside internet which may be a security issue, not just port 80.

us Maria Linda Replied 2 years ago

We have a lot of fun with the different games available on the internet. Each hour at the office is punctuated by a quick round of bubble shooter