You can not able to edit topic anymore

Mick Dawlings Posted in Technical Support 12 months ago

You can not able to edit topic anymore as the time allocated to edit the topic has been passed, you can contact [email protected] if you have done typo and wanted to edit.

I wrote a post just a short while ago and the Edit button still shows up. I then edited the message only to lose everything I wrote when saving it because of the above.

I certainly would not want to do that to our members so is there a way to change this setting so that users can have a longer period of time to edit. Also, once that option is gone, prevent the site from showing the Edit button.

Replies
us Mick Dawlings Replied 12 months ago

Oh I don't know since I didn't check this since yesterday but I can mention it again next time I see it.
I'll update this post when it happens again.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 12 months ago

You can still able see edit comment and topic here after 5 minutes and after my last reply?

I'm talking about here, in these discussions. The Edit button on the right.

In these comments for example. After a while, the edit button/option continues to show up but when I've gone and edited, all of my edited text was lost as the site told me I could no longer edit the text.

I am confused now. There is no place to post here on community and why you wanted to access settings for our community?

i am sorry i am confused

Or perhaps grey out or don't show the edit option once the item cannot be edited.
BTW, where is the setting to configure how long someone has to edit a post?

Now you can not pass the edit page anymore. Fixed thanks for letting us know. It will show you edit option but won't let you to see the edit page.

Mainly on here. I saw it on our site but I think the post was from yesterday. It's just odd that it still shows the Edit option since it won't actually allow editing.

You are getting this message on your site or here?

because to avoid spam the edit time is 5 minutes