Email change confirmation

Mick Dawlings Posted in Technical Support 12 months ago

For obviously security reasons, most software forces the user to confirm an email address change.
I do not see this happening with ossn. Am I missing something, a setting perhaps that forces ANY account change to have an email sent out to the user so they can either confirm the change or report someone hacking.

Replies
us Mick Dawlings Replied 12 months ago

You don't need to wait for components to get updated 90% of the components works without updating
them unless there is a critical change required.

So my test environment should show this then. That's good to know. I wondered how we would keep track of updates, waiting until all components would be updated before updating our own site/s.

Also, yes, to the new email address, not the old one.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 12 months ago

You don't need to wait for components to get updated 90% of the components works without updating them unless there is a critical change required.

Regarding email change, what I seen on most of the sites are when people change email it sends email to new email as confirmation (not on previous email) that is on 99% of the sites.

Maybe a new components needs that requires password before updating the information. I think it makes sense to ask user password to change profile.

us Mick Dawlings Replied 12 months ago

Thanks for that.
However, this is a verification of changing the password and I'm asking about changing the email address which is just as much a potential security issue.
Also, my concern however is that you are pointing me to a lot of components so when there is an update of the main code, we'll have to wait until all of the components also get updated to fully update a site. That's got me a little nervous.

Also, it's very difficult to find things in the components section since there is no search button or I've missed it. Having to go through every page is time consuming.
Am I missing something?