Hiding administrator users

Mick Dawlings Posted in Technical Support 1 year ago

How can we hide administrator users from being seen in the list of users?
Showing admin accounts gives hackers a better opportunity to try hacking admin accounts.
In fact, it might be a good idea to have a file on the server that contains allowed IPs for the highest level users such as admins.

Also, listing users by gender is a little odd. Is there a way to add 'List all' and make listing by gender more of an option than the only choice?

Finally, could there also be an option to not allow users to list all members and only their own friends? That would come in handy if a site gets popular. Showing the entire list of members is unneeded.

Replies
Catalan Yanick beaulieu Replied 7 months ago

Do you still need the answer because I think I've figured out how to do it:) I've added you to your friends here

us Mick Dawlings Replied 1 year ago

I found this but it doesn't seem to be by ossn.

https://www.fastcomet.com/tutorials/ossn

Yes, I understand but I don't know if there are any other values where the user might see 'Administrator'.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

The change will show side wide where ossn_print('admin') used.

Left side value, right side is the text shown so not an issue.
The only question is, will this change show site wide or are there pages where the members can still see 'Administrator'?

If you changed langauge file , changing the right side have no effect on the system.

I changed the following; 'admin' => 'Administrator',
to another word and this seems to work.

Will that cause any issues?

Can you consider adding this as a function please. Showing admin names in any user list is a big advantage to hackers.

Thanks.

I am afraid there is no way to remove admin accounts, simply make admin accounts with good password.